Wednesday, October 1, 2008
where do we pull social norms from?
Random thought : I was taking to a friend and they mentioned that when they went to sit on the beach for an hour head down just sitting drinking coffee no music staring into the abyss, that people would look at them like they were depressed or ask if everything is alright. I thought that was weird because I had done the exact same thing but not thought at all about what people think. It's like my parents tried to instill social habits and norms from their time period combined with modern age and I still disregard it. I realized today that I have no social awkwardness. I envy the people who say "god that was awkward I cant believe you/they said that. Think about what so and so will think. I then become mad for not understanding entirely the situation. I am not sure if this is a blessing or a curse. Right now it's a blessing because stuff that consumes the general population (social normality's) don't consume my mind. This is good. The bad part is I then am unable to interact with another human in this sense. Humility is that another way to interact with someone by sharing this moment together. I will never be able to have that until I start abiding by social norms. Is it worth me doing so, just so I have another way to interact with other people. ....anyways rambling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment