Sunday, September 21, 2008
also frams that play your picture life back to you
One more thing. I was recently in future shop with my friends visiting from London. I came to a complete stop and a look of shock came over my face when I saw a guy trying to get commission on selling the couples on "digital photo-book" wtf? seriously who would buy that. I saw it playing pictures of this couple traveling and sharp images of the husbands chiseled abs with a glass of wine. yada yada yada. I don't understand this concept at all. My friends from London were all two familiar with it. They were not shocked nor questioned anything about this. To me I just don't see a purpose to it at all. Do you turn it on when guests come over to be a "supreme white person" (ref:"stuff white people like) and you then get to talk about all the cool places you traveled to in europe. Does this promote bragging rights? Then you best be switching it off when they leave. do you sit their and watch a slide show of your life to be nostalgic. To regret. to remember good times. I then came home to night and guess what was up on the table ...yeah you bet that picture "life book" seriously way to conserve energy go team go......(I apologize for my pessimistic response to technology) its not my fault, it made me into this monster of technology hate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Katie - I think you're on to something here.
There are three things that, from the perspective of social graces, are COMPLETELY BORING - 1. other peoples' dreams (It's not as magical when you tell it); 2. live replays of movies and television shows (didn't anything exciting happen in your life recently?); 3. Other peoples' pictures (they're YOUR memories, dude).
And yet, the technologies that people value most are those that expose others constantly to the minute details of our everyday lives (where are we know, what is our status, what are we doing RIGHT NOW!). I heard this person on the radio the other day talking about how she has a web cam mounted on the front of her bike that is networked to her video blog so that everyone can see where she's biking and what she's seeing. My automatic question was WHO CARES!? But there is probably a more intelligent question to ask - namely, what does it say about us as a culture when we constantly broadcast ourselves (to paraphrase youtube) to others every minute of every day?
hahaha I like the who cares question because it is true. I think however that people do this on behalf of finding out new ways to re-invent their own life/ personality. Youtube, Its a constant stream of people trying to connect with other humans, I just think that they are going about it all the wrong way. Like you said who cares. I don't particularly want to see where this girl is going on her bike but I am sure if she is cute a stalker would definatly love this kind of technology. Possibly a serial killer. Alright those are the extremes. But what use could this possibly bring. I would love to chat with this girl and find out what she wanted to accomplish.
Post a Comment